Since completing a Holistic Massage Diploma (ITEC level 4) in 2010, Natasha has undertaken advanced training in deep tissue massage and has obtained with Distinction an Advanced Clinical Diploma in Integrated Myofascial Therapy. This is a unique and much sought after diploma which requires advanced manual skills and advanced academic, theoretical and scientific knowledge. The diploma integrates elements from the following national occupational standards:
- Scottish qualifications Authority (SQA) – Soft Tissue Manipulations – SQCF Level 8
- EDEXCEL – Sport and Exercise Rehabilitation – QCF Level 5
- VTCT – Planning and applying, evaluating complex massage and soft tissue methods – QCF Level 5
More recently Natasha has qualified as a ScarWork Therapist to compliment her myofascial release work.
Natasha has a particular interest in the impact of stress and (physical and emotional) trauma on the nervous system. In 2012 Natasha joined the team at Bristol Neurophysio, working alongside neuro physiotherapists with people with neurological conditions including MS, ME, cerebral palsy and head and spinal injury.
During her three years of study to complete the Diploma in Integrated Myofascial Therapy she wrote clinical papers on the theory of pain and fibromyalgia and this research has formed the basis of her work with people with pain associated with various auto immune conditions including fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue.
In 2014 Natasha moved from Bristol to Poole where she joined the team at Broadstone Physiotherapy , there Natasha’s work compliments physiotherapy for issues ranging from chronic back / neck / shoulder pain to post knee / hip replacement rehab.
Using a combination of myofascial therapy and massage Natasha has developed her own approach to the many different issues she is presented with, tailoring each session to each person’s individual needs.
In her spare time Natasha enjoys spending time with her husband and two children, dog walks, yoga, swimming, cycling and running.
- Level 4 Diploma in Holistic Massage, Bristol College of Massage and Bodywork (BCMB)
- Advanced Certificate in Deep Tissue Massage (BCMB)
- Advanced Clinical Diploma in Integrated Myofascial Therapy, (MFR UK )
- ScarWork Certificate (Foundation and Advanced working with scars post breast cancer) (Restore Therapy)
Further Professional Training
- Fascial Integration & Assessment, Fascial Rehabilitation, Spine & Sacrum, Abdominal Scarring and Adhesions, Advanced Upper and Lower Body – MFR UK
- Deep Tissue Massage – BCMB
- Anatomy Trains 1, Myofascial Meridians for Manual Therapists
- British Fascia Symposium 2014
- British Fascia Symposium 2016
- British Fascia Symposium 2018
Booking and Questions
Please contact me if you would like to book an appointment or have any questions.