I hold an ITEC Level 4 Diploma in Holistic Massage Therapy and have completed an Advanced Clinical Diploma in Integrated Myofascial Therapy which I achieved with Distinction. This is a unique and much sought after diploma which requires advanced manual skills and advanced academic, theoretical and scientific knowledge. The diploma integrates elements from the following national occupational standards:
Scottish qualifications Authority (SQA) – Soft Tissue Manipulations – SQCF Level 8
EDEXCEL – Sport and Exercise Rehabilitation – QCF Level 5
VTCT – Planning and applying, evaluating complex massage and soft tissue methods – QCF Level 5
My ongoing professional development is focused on the treatment of chronic pain conditions. I have extensive experience with working with clients with neurological conditions such as Stroke, Spinal Injury, Parkinsons and Multiple Sclerosis as well as with Fibromyalgia, Myofascial Pain Syndrome and symptoms caused by Scar Tissue following surgery or injury.
I enjoy interacting with people and making a positive impact on their lives.
My holistic, individually tailored approach focuses on enhancing wellbeing, reducing pain, improving range of movement and increasing self awareness. I offer both Massage and Myofascial Release therapy and can discuss with you which approach may suit your individual needs.
I have also trained as a Relaxation and Positivity Coach, I have run small group classes and can incorporate this into individual treatments where appropriate.
As you would expect, I am fully insured and hold an up to date Appointed Persons Qualification in First Aid.
In my spare time I enjoy spending time with my husband and two children, walks with my dog, yoga, swimming, running and cycling.
- Level 4 Diploma in Holistic Massage, Bristol College of Massage and Bodywork (BCMB)
- Advanced Clinical Diploma in Integrated Myofascial Therapy, Myofascial Release UK (MFR UK)
- Certified ScarWork Practitioner
Further Professional Training
- Fascial Integration & Assessment, Fascial Rehabilitation, Spine & Sacrum, Abdominal Scarring and Adhesions, Advanced Upper and Lower Body – MFR UK
- Deep Tissue Massage – BCMB
- Anatomy Trains 1, Myofascial Meridians for Manual Therapists – Anatomy Trains
- British Fascia Symposium 2014
- British Fascia Symposium 2016
- British Fascia Symposium 2018
Booking and Questions
Please contact me if you would like to book an appointment or have any questions.