Massage and Myofascial Therapy for Disability and Neurological Conditions
I have extensive experience providing Massage and Myofascial Release therapy for people with disability and neurological conditions be it congenital or following injury or an illness. A neurological condition is a problem associated with the central nervous system, namely the brain and spinal cord. Examples include Spinal injury, MS, Parkinsons and Cerebral Palsy. I also work with people living with the effects of autoimmune conditions such as fibromyalgia which is a condition characterised by widespread chronic pain which appears to result from processes in the central nervous system.
Due to the complexities of the central nervous system, people with neurological problems can have a variety of problems. These may be muscle stiffness or spasm (commonly called spasticity), weakness of muscle, tremor, problems with sensation etc.
By taking a sensitive approach to positioning during the treatment and other medical needs I create a positive environment for my clients.
By taking a holistic approach to rehabilitation my clients are empowered to enhance their quality of life. I am committed to providing high quality, individually tailored therapy that makes a positive difference.
- Ease the side effects of immobility such as stiff painful joints, chronic muscle tightness and poor posture
- Increase blood flow to tissues enabling nutrients to pass through more easily to repair tight or damaged muscles
- Release tension and stretch over used muscles
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Promote positive body awareness
- Desensitise sensitive areas
- Free myofascial adhesions and soften scar tissue caused by surgery, injury or over use
I regularly work together with other healthcare professionals, such as Physiotherapists and Case Managers, to manage ongoing symptoms, facilitate recovery from injury and chronic pain and to enhance quality of life.
I am aware of the importance of keeping up to date with current practice and have an active CPD policy – I continually update my knowledge by attending courses and reading relevant articles.
Booking and Questions
Please contact me if you would like to book an appointment or have any questions.